Ego Stoker

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Guess who's not dead?

Yep. It's me again. With a shiny new blog and some more angst to drop.

Don't take my absence to mean that I wasn't busy. I was. Opal demanded that I keep up with college, The Boss demanded that I kill runners or proxies that didn't follow orders, and work demanded that I showed up no matter what so I could continue living paycheck to paycheck. Super neat.

Somehow I managed to graduate with an Associates in Nursing, keep up with jobs, and not get fired on top of taking care of Alaska. Sure, it left me no time to myself, but that's how I prefer it. It keeps my mind from wandering. There's too many things that I don't want to remember, and too many things that I don't want to think about.

I'm sure you're all wondering how Skye is. Or, rather, Skye's Alter. He's... a lot like Skye actually, just more blunt and snarky. At least, that's when he decides that I'm worth his time. We mostly leave each other to our own devices. He takes care of Alice and I take care of Alaska. He even kept the job at the library. He still cooks and takes care of the house... But, that's for him to talk about if he chooses.

I doubt that he'll tell me if he makes a post; he doesn't tell me anything anymore. It took me months to get him to tell me about The Rune Master. And even then, his explanation was brief. ("She's The Rune Master. She's teaching me.")

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. "Quit your whining." (Or possibly "NO MY SHIP.")  Well, it's my blog and I can do whatever the fuck I want. This includes whining about the guy who was my boyfriend being trapped in his own head and having to deal with his Alter giving me the cold shoulder. For two years.

Needless to say, Christmas isn't a great holiday at my house... Not anymore. I'm not looking forward to another year of trying to decorate for nothing. Maybe I won't bother.

I gave up on trying to bring Skye out around the year mark. It was just wasting energy that I didn't have in the first place; screaming at Alter until I was hoarse.

So, yeah. That's how that is.

This blog will probably just be me bitching about my job, bitching about Alter, or Mission Posts, if anything interesting happens.

Who am I kidding? Missions aren't interesting anymore.

Anyway, I should get to bed. I've been stuck with all of the early shifts because all of the other employees are back at high school and college.

Don't expect consistent posts. You guys should know this by now.

See you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment